Happy 26th, Andrea!
After our great experience at his restaurant Nobhill in Las Vegas, I decided to take Andrea to the flagship Michael Mina at the Westin St. Francis Hotel for her birthday. This one will be difficult to top.
THREE COURSE SEASONAL MENU
AMUSE BOUCHE - LOBSTER TRIO
Complements of the chef, this trio included:
- Lobster & hamachi on sushi rice
- Lobster medallion with micro salad, tomato gelee and avocado sauce
- Lobster corndog (OH YEAH) with spicy brown mustard
CRISPY SKIN QUAIL - LENTIL SOUP (for Suni)
- Black Beluga, Cumin, Oregano
- Red Lentil, Piquillo Pepper, Orange
- French Green, Madras Curry, Cilantro
BUTTER POACHED MAINE LOBSTER (for Andrea)
- Roasted Chestnut Vanilla Crepe, Thai Coconut Reduction
KOBE-STYLE BEEF RIB ROAST ~ BRAISED ZABUTON (for Suni)
- Boiler Onion, Red Bliss, Rosemary Garlic
- Mustard Greens, Purple Peruvian, Whole Grain
- Celery, Garnet Yams, Soy Ginger
MAINE LOBSTER POT PIE (for Andrea)
- Brandied Lobster Cream, Seasonal Vegetables
ROOT BEER FLOAT (for Suni)
- Warm Chocolate Cookies
CHOCOLATE (for Andrea)
- Chocolate Cream, Walnut Toast, Black Walnut Gelato
- Ganache Napoleon, Jasmine Tea Sherbet
- Manjai Molten Cake, Milk Chocolate-Bergamot Ice Cream
This certainly ranks in the top five special occasion dinners we've had. I highly recommend Michael Mina or any of his restaurants (Arcadia in San Jose has those lobster cornogs, too!). We would be making another reservation soon were it not for this one tiny obstacle:
+ TIP = $320.00.
But, totally worth it for this special occasion.